Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sweet-Talkin' Resolutions



The beginning of a new year strikes us with the notion of a fresh beginning.  Perhaps last year was pretty pathetic, somewhat intolerable or a hair bit dizzy and thank the heavens that it has passed! But in the whilst of letting go, we tend to amplify our thoughts that this year will be "the year".  But "my year" cannot be it unless I  can tame my cynicism and realize that wit does not always win. And this I will certainly seek to get past. Weeks before Jan 1st, I begin to obsess over a premeditated list and as I modify it for the 23rd time, I become overwhelmed.   My list...is it too inconceivable, too uncanny, or perhaps too vain for my own good?  Can I really pull some of these things off?  So instead of fretting, I have modified my list for the 24th time. This year I am going to start small and grow BIG.   Short of an angel apprentice, I have good intentions. I really do!  So with an utmost conviction, I give you my brief list of some things I plan to gamble with in 2012:

1.  Write more...even if it means jotting down incoherent thoughts.  Thank goodness for the military     encryption protection Penzu has created.  Genius!  If only I could remember my password :(
2.  Drink more water.  Something is wrong if I can hold it for 8 hours straight.  This I vow to the organ donor organization and my kidneys will be happy too.
3.  Lay off the white powdered donuts.  Spend that weekly $5.45 to take in a matinee instead,  preferably a funny movie with low Siskel and Ebert reviews. Those guys don't like to laugh.
4.  Pay it forward.  I can so do this.
5.  Forgive. Forgive and forget...or at least don't bring it up in the middle of a fight.
6.  Talk about myself in third person so I can get a better understanding of what the heck I'm thinking. 
7.  Listen...really listen.  Listen without making faces as an implied remark or reaction.  Mother always told me my nose would stay crunched up if I didn't stop making faces!
8.  Judge no one...unless they are wearing black undies with white bottoms.
9.  Take violin lessons...real ones and leave the YouTube lessons for the more advanced.
10. Love myself more so I can love those around me.  


So my fellow cake enthusiasts, enjoy the plethora of wishful thinking and new beginnings whether it be dusting off that ole gym membership, trading in that unreliable scale or being ninny hammered by those electronic cigarettes. If I should fail to accomplish any of these deeds perhaps this year is not "my year".  Happy New Beginnings!  Love L
  





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so capable of all of these! And you are worth more than you believe!