Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ain’t No Fly in this Buttermilk Pie


I'm very excited to share with you today a little gem of a town I was able to venture to for a whole afternoon. As I walked the charming and whimsical square of Glen Rose, Texas, a chance encounter with a Buttermilk Pecan Pie served at Anderson’s Restaurant, eulogized the magnetism of what should be a care-free state of mind. At first, I dillydallied over the musing of such a pie. Buttermilk? Ugh! Seriously? I never had acquired the taste of buttermilk and the allegory of “flies in the buttermilk”, well, let’s just say, inhibited the snag even further. To my daunting dismay, however, the ingredients in this pie translated to something vibrant and viable. Oh joy, it was like eating a Pecan praline! The mesh of the cloying filling: buttermilk, vanilla, good seasoned pecans, coconut and white chocolate riveted within a crumble buttermilk topping, depleted any animosity I had towards buttermilk. The stigma of buttermilk is forever gone. Psst, come closer as I whisper…ain’t no fly in this Buttermilk Pecan Pie!

No comments: