Saturday, April 17, 2010

I've Got a Crush on You!


General consensus from my own unofficial poll taken over the weekend concluded that very few people had heard of Pineapple Pie and much worse, never tasted one. So, I was completely elated when I was invited to try Paris Coffee Shop’s Pineapple Pie, served only on Mondays. The flavors of this pie worked beautifully together: the light golden pie crust embodied by a pineapple custard-like filling with tidbits of crushed pineapple in every single bite and nestled to perfection under what appeared to be a whopping three inch lightly scorched meringue. The hymns of praise eluded from my mouth after the very first bite! True nature has manifested into this tropical flair! The pie was wonderfully serendipitous, delightful to the taste buds, delectable to the palate and did I mention, because it's pineapple, the instant ‘throw in’ of essential Vitamins A and C. Va-Va Voom… I never eat anything that’s not beneficial to my health or my taste buds! This pie is a serious contender to all the others that were beautifully showcased or perhaps only on Mondays, it morphs into global domination. The extravagant affair I was having with this pie, put me in my own luau state of mind. Oh Pineapple Pie, I’m so crushing on you!

No comments: