Saturday, April 17, 2010

The ultimate countdown to Glory!

Day 1 It’s the official kick off to Lent and about the worst day ever for me! Temptation surrounds me.

Day 2 Relieved Day One has come and gone but in theory, slowly staring at my own demise.

Day 3 My glucose level is dropping and I’m feeling slightly faint.

Day 4 What’s a girl to do to get away from cake?

Day 5 Still alive and kicking with an ‘mmph’ of hostility

Day 6 It’s George Washington’s Birthday. If he was still alive, we’d be sharing cake right now. RIP Georgey.

Day 7 A full sacrificial week and I don’t feel any better. I’m really grumpy now.

Day 8 What in heaven’s name will I eat now to offset my glucose imbalance?

Day 9 Discovered I can eat Ice cream…lots of it!

Day 10 Had caramelized pecans as a distraction from the floury fusions…thank you friend.

Day 11 Embarked upon a birthday celebration surrounded by a giant cake and cute little cupcakes; accidently got icing on finger but restrained from licking it off with said tongue...ugh!

Day 12 Large tub of homemade sopapillas placed in front of me; resisted by eating an abundance of tamales instead.

Day 13 Monday blues…really could use a whole cake right about now; deterred from watching Cake Boss tonight!

Day 14 Finding myself more and more difficult to live with. Fighting my own internal war.

Day 15 Daydreaming of a German chocolate cake; looking forward to cake celebration...oh yeah!

Day 16 Really? Do those around me who never bake, want to start now…seriously? Yearning for that As Seen on TV Perfect Brownie cake pan.

Day 17 Pouted excessively for several minutes when kids asked for donuts!

Day 18 Stared in the mirror for a minute…my tummy appears more slimming.

Day 19 Stared in the mirror for two minutes …yesterday was a misconception…bulging belly still exists.

Day 20 Thinking of consuming one of those superficial energy drinks for a much-needed sugar rush.

Day 21 Aaggghhhh! About to lose my mind! Can anyone hear me?

Day 22 Please accept my apologies for yesterday’s outburst. I’m better today.

Day 23 What has this world come to? Please stop sending me virtual cakes! Really annoyed by others’ joy of cake eating.

Day 24 Sporting my new patent leather shoes….cake? What’s that?

Day 25 Short-lived distraction…love my shoes but love cake even more!

Day 26 My skin is blotchy…need the sugar-infused ingredients to help rejuvenate the glow.

Day 27 Live and learn…will convert to a Baptist next year. Just kidding Mom :)

Day 28 Too much ice cream has revealed possible lactose intolerance.

Day 29 It’s St. Patty’s Day…almost stole a green cupcake to save for later! Someone pinch me.

Day 30 Anonymous blog reader posted nasty comment. Do they really think I’m whiney? Delete, delete, delete! Take that! If you don’t like cake, get off my site.

Day 31 Anonymous blog reader commented back with apology…will consider slice of cake as peace-offering.

Day 32 Decided to filter comments that do not contain the word “love”.

Day 33 Imagined myself baking all day Easter…I’m really delirious now.

Day 34 Why oh why must I feel this way?

Day 35 Thinking about cabana boys to occupy my mind

Day 36 Realized cabana boys are non-existent in my neck of the woods.

Day 37 Contemplating starting own Yada Yada Cake Abstinence group…eh!

Day 38 Patience is the greatest virtue but I can’t wait!

Day 39 Upset Ricky Martin proclaimed homosexuality. I really need cake now!

Day 40 Inhaled an entire bag of Jet-Puffed marshmallows…what a sick-o, psycho…same thing!

Day 41 Forty days have passed but newer Catholicism beliefs give way to an extra seven days…ugh!

Day 42 Let the countdown begin!

Day 43 My salivary glands are in full mode now

Day 44 Commencement of Operation ‘It’s all About Me”

Day 45 Oh yeah…heading toward divine intervention!

Day 46 Excitement overload. One-too-many glasses of Chardonnay made the night go by really fast!

Day 47 Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Halleluuuuuuuuuujah! A cake enthusiast’s lottery to be had! I’m jubilantly grinning from ear to ear. Pineapple Upside Down gorged with a sip of coffee set the day for the upcoming cake ventures!

What an experience this has been! To live without eating cake and anything floury, buttery and utterly sweet for forty-seven long days and even longer nights was extreme for a cake enthusiast as myself. My terrible mood swings evidenced that one cannot live on love alone and certainly should never , ever attempt to do so again! Do not deny yourself the sweeter things in life. It's great to be zealous over cake again. Never again will I abandon you my fellow cake enthusiasts! I'm baaaaack!

No comments: