Saturday, April 17, 2010

Seeing is Believing


Eating carrots may not give you seamless 20/20 vision but eating carrot cake, I daresay, will have you seeing many other things. Now, I have no medical doctrine but I do dibble dabble in the arts of pastry and that alone makes me an expert in advising that the benefits of eating carrot cake far outnumber the benefits of not doing so. As I mentioned before, I don't typically eat anything that's not beneficial to my health. Aside from the crucial nutrients of Vitamin A and rich beta carotene, this treat was just what the doctor ordered. In Waxahachie, Texas, exists a place, 1879 Chisholm Grill, where you too can find that benefiting ailment. Can you visualize with me my fellow cake gurus...a Caramel Carrot cake? Ah...pure insanity! I so concur! Don't strain. You don't have to see it to believe it because I'm gonna alleviate any preliminary angst you might be having right about now. So, visualize this...alternating layers of caramel and cream cheese icing with hints of brown sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, walnuts and those perfectly shredded carrot pieces, the texture dense yet moist with an extreme undefined yearning for another forkful. Can you taste it? I hope so but if you can't, newbie Cake Enthusiast out of hiding and avid blog follower, 'Gaudy lady', can too attest to the splendid chance encounter. Seeing is believing but tasting...clearly a more delightful disposition.

No comments: