Saturday, April 17, 2010

Screaming for Ice Cream

I know my fellow sidekicks and cake enthusiasts what you must be thinking, “Isn’t this blog about cake?” Whoa and what about the enumeration of all the pie posts? Well, pies are implied, hence the subtitle of the blog and after all, they are the cousin of cake. But what about ice cream? I thought long and hard before I decided to post this. So here’s my intelligible premise: ice cream goes with cake, right? Well, and perpetually so, I promised my friend and restaurant owner, Nehme, I would stop by and try his homemade ice cream and if animated so, I would generate a post. So, there you go. My affectionately nicknamed friend, Cherry Pie, came along for the prop. Seeking antioxidant nourishment, she opted for the Pomegranate flavored ice cream, which she described as yummy and creamy. In lieu of the benefits of glowing skin, I took a liking to the Pumpkin Pecan flavored one. This bewildering single scoop of ice cream had me screaming, um no, it was more like caterwauling with happiness! I could hardly contain myself as I dipped into the toil of pecans, real pumpkin shavings, cinnamon and nutmeg. The texture was not creamy but had that Italian ice sort of scheme. If I closed my eyes, I could bamboozle myself into thinking I was indulging into a piece of pumpkin bread. This trendy nook also serves up flavors such as avocado honey, chocolate jalapeño and sweet corn with cinnamon, just to name a few. If you ever find yourself in the mood to wail out for some trendy ice cream, stop by Chadra Mezza Grill in Fort Worth, Texas and treat your palate to a cold and delightful thrill. After all, don’t we all scream for ice cream?


No comments: