Saturday, April 17, 2010

Gone Bananas!


I find myself growing more progressively hysterical than ever thanks to the Banana Upside Down cake I sampled at Lili's Bistro in Fort Worth, Texas. My expression made no attempt to disguise the inevitable. It was a many-splendored thing...a congregation of baked banana slices coupled with pieces of shredding banana "mush" and a mixture of rich caramel and deep brown sugar with itty bitty pieces of walnuts. This densely moist cake was served warm with a heaping side of whipped cream and topped off with a beautiful fuchsia-colored orchid. It was definitely palate pleasing but a bit pricey, perhaps it was the ornate flower. Licking the stems and outer edge of the petals, I took the delicate flower, placed it just so behind my ear and enjoyed my cake! Every bite added a daylong supply of contentment. A supply that I will soon be needing on reserve for this is pre-Lent day and soon cake will be non-existent. What? I know. I've literally gone bananas!

No comments: