Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sweet Ruthlessness!

Oh, the ruthless insanity of cake once again became evidently clear when I finally made the pilgrimage to the Blue Bonnet Bakery only to be schlepped by the never-ending, irrevocable temptation of something insatiably floury and sweet. There, shamelessly confined within the glass counter was the last piece of Italian Cream cake, romancing and summoning my senses. How could I possibly resist? Moreover, did I want to chance stirring up some sort of unacceptable scenario for the sake of oppressing my one true addiction to sugar? Nah...that would be so uncivilized and so not worth the energy! The prevailing and cloyingly sweet cream cheese frosting mixed in with pixels of chopped walnuts knocked me silly. The inside layers consisted of a hash of sweet coconut flakes and walnuts, giving it that excitably nubby texture. I was squealing, giddy and slap-happy with every bite. This over-the-top slice of sweetness will ransack your palate and dither your spirit. Barbaric! I know. Oh, oh, oh cake enthusiasts of the world, let's consider ourselves fortunate to have our hedonistic cravings satisfied by such an astonishing treat. What more can I say, the restitution of cake to the human spirit is profoundly ruthless! Ode to cake!


No comments: