Saturday, April 17, 2010

Everything is Bigger in Texas


Now and again it’s been expressed that it’s the little things in life that count. As much as I’d agree, occasionally though…bigger is better! Truth in point as in the case of the GIANT Sweet roll I found at Chaf In Restaurant, a nostalgic kind of old-timer’s diner, located just off the square in Cleburne, Texas. The injustice of this snapshot leaves little for the imagination. You see, the plate pictured here is actually a dinner platter, yessir, not some minuscule pastry plate. The motley of goodness consisted of baked doughy goodness doused in a butter cream icing infused with enlivening cinnamon. Jubilantly entwined swirls of gooeyness for that morning might have defeated my palate's proverbial gauntlet; Rise the sweet roll in all its glory! My cravings have been outflanked! Of course, as much as I wanted to devour the sugary monstrosity by myself, tis the season for giving, so I gave...a little… of the outside layers that is, to those who sat there alongside drooling in angst! Dithering through the outside layers, I finally got to the much anticipated center. The center contortion , moist and heavenly, was enough to send me into a lifetime of merriment jubilation. Couple this treat with black coffee and you'll be delighted just as much as I was. True to the age old adage...Everything is BIGGER and better in Texas y'all!


No comments: