Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cha Ching Baby!


If wealth was measured in terms of cake consumption, I'd be an instant billionaire! But given the fact that my economic status falls a tad bit short of making that folly Forbe's list, I will settle for admiring the riches that can only be consumed. Although this pretentious dessert looks like a billion bucks, it won't break the bank nor will you feel obliged to keep up with the Joneses. All you need is a little dough (punt purposely intended). This upscale charm was infused with happiness, a dash of giddiness and embossed in a deeply rich chocolate ganache with endless filling of mascarpone cheese within each layer and finally chocolate dotted and dusted with edible gold. Devastatingly delicious, each rich bite full bankrupted every last ounce of dignity I had. Wappa, Wappa, Woo! Oh yeah...Cha Ching baby! Central Market in Fort Worth, Texas has once again hit the jackpot with their signature Opera cake. So, join me my fellow cake enthusiasts in stimulating the economy...one bite at a time!

No comments: